lulu lemon athletica manifestI'm not posting my healthy tips. I'm asking for yours. I have found myself in a rut and have started to make some adjustments but was wondering what everyone's best tips for health and fitness are? I find it motivating to read fitness magazines but thought how much better it would be to get ideas from people I actually know. Everyone has some healthy habit that they seem to have mastered. I was a health major and have always been facinated by the body. So please share your habits and ideas with me so that I might find some inspiration. This logo inspires me so much so that I'm framing it and hanging it in my exercise room. I love it!
10 comments:
Jess, as if I could give YOU fitness advice! Ha! However, I did think of one thing that I seem to be successful (most days) at accomplishing. DRINK WATER. Water is my beverage of choice. I know it's not yours, but seriously, I belive in water. I believe it helps me stay healthy and get healthy again if I'm sick. It carries all the nasties right out of my system.
I'm looking forward to reading everyone's comments.
I agree with Heather that this is sort of like giving a primary lesson to the prophet. My advice would be to be good 80% of the time. That goes for exercise and nutrition. Also, eat mindfully. I find when I don't pay attention to what I'm eating I just go on autopilot and graze. I think eating right is more effective for me than exercising when it comes to losing weight. Where did you get the great quote poster? I like it too.
My fitness/health tips:
~Eat 1/2 of what you dish or order
~Skip treats unless it is something you really love. You know I love dessert and sweets. I had to learn to skip it and indulge when it was the treats I love most.
~Keep it interesting - meaning change your workouts. I LOVE classes at the gym because somebody else is there to motivate me, it's different each time and I want to do better than everyone else :)
~I keep a photo of me at my max weight to remind me of where I never want to be again. It truly helps!
~Workout, Workout, Workout. Once you love it you never want to stop.
I could go on and on because there were a lot of things that worked and continue to work for me. But honestly you just have to choose to make the change and stick to it.
I agree with the water. I do love my cola but I drink a can maybe twice a week and that's my treat for being good. Also I stop eating after 8pm because this the time I tend to munch on tons of junk.(mind you, don't be ridged with it but be mindful) Eat moderate and don't eat until you are bloated. Do an Exercise that you enjoy. Where did you get the poster and where can I.
Also love the poster, would love a copy. It has lots of inspiration on it. This is a great post and I'm not sure what tip I could offer as I feel like this is something I use to be good at but not so much anymore. I guess my tip would be to move, I am good at this. Even if you don't have the time or money to head to the gym, you can always take the stairs instead of elevator, park far away when you walk into the store, just simple stuff like that. Also today I only had like 15 min to exercise. Normally I would have not have done it cause it wasn't long enough, today I decided something was better than none, so I guess my tip is find ways in daily life to stay active. Do calf raised why blowing out your hair, do ten pushups before bed ect..
Ditto Heather. Seriously -- clear skin, better lung capacity, flushing out the toxins, keeping your kidneys healthy (avoiding water weight), healthy hair follicles and shiny hair -- tons of health benefits from drinking water. I fill up a big 64 oz. mug first thing in the morning, carry it around with me (to the office, downstairs while I'm folding laundry, in the car, etc.) and drink/refill it all day. However, don't drink too much after about 6:00 p.m. That may be why I'm up and awake at 2:03 in the morning. :)
squeezing my Naked Butt in the mirror is my modivation! haha. I have learned a lot from you about healthy habits. you may eat your treats but you also eat a lot of very healthy things as well. I think getting your veggies in is key as well as drinking your water. those are the two things Im working on myself..
My advice is Drink Plenty of Mountain Dew (oops) I mean water! Eat everything off your plate (oops) I mean stick to smaller portions! We are only suppose to eat the size of our fist you know in portion size? Get plenty of rest watching T.V. (oops) I mean at night! We are suppose to get at least 8 hours of sleep to burn those calories! Raid the refridgerator late at night (oops) I mean don't eat after a certain time at least two hours before bedtime, cuz' it all turns to fat!! Basically? Jessica, just don't do anything I do and you will look FABULOUS!!!
Since I can not give you advice in this arena I will have to remind you I introduced you to the poster. It is a good one isn't it?
Yea I am going with Nicole on this one... I got nothin'! But I sure do like your poster!
Post a Comment