Friday, March 6, 2009

A Great Day

Today was such a "me" day. As many of you know Wade does not work on Friday's so I often get to do my thing on Fridays. Today was one such day.

9:30 am- 11:30 am
I went shopping with my sister-in-law Jill for her Wedding dress. I love looking for beautiful dresses. I know people say you only wear it once (that's the idea right?) but I think a wedding dress is an heirloom and can be looked at and enjoyed forever. I have my Grandma Truman's wedding dress and it is one of my treasures. Good thing my aunts don't participate in blogging and read this and get mad (I've already dealt with my sisters). I hope someday someone will want my dress and look at it as a treasure. So that is my random argument for buying the wedding dress you really want. I had a fun time with Jill and she will be a beautiful bride. She is the perfect person to try on dresses because they all look flawless on her. I am excited to see what dress Jill chooses.

Then I went home and visited with my mom, Wade, and the boys. I put my boys down for a nap and left.

2:00 pm -4:30 pm

NORDSTROM. Nordstrom @ Fashion Place had it's Grand Opening today. I of course couldn't miss it. Nicole and I were in heaven. I felt like I had moved to a different part of the country. It was huge and I loved every square inch. I have a great appreciation for clothes and fashion and it is my art. The store was beautiful and their were many new lines and concepts. There were to0 many things. The shoe salon was neglected and I need to return to enjoy the beautiful things. This store will be a great addition to Salt Lake and my life. So go check it out. I'm trying to talk Wade into going with me. I told him their are nice little chairs for him to sit in all over the store.

Thanks Jill, Nicole, Nordstrom and all the designers for making my day.

9 comments:

Brandice said...

I saved my wedding dress, too. And unfortunately, I DID wear it twice, but it has been a lot luckier the second time around. I had to have it custom made because I was teeny tiny at the time, but that was great because I have a teeny tiny sister and 3 teeny tiny cousins that all wore it, too. (None of us are teeny tiny anymore. Sigh.) So I know it is appreciated, and I'm glad I'm the one who ended up with it.

Cheri said...

I thought you would go to Nordstrom yesterday. Im glad you had a great time. I think it's so great that you have a sister that you can shop with. Im excited to see what you got.

Leslie said...

It's always great to have day like that that you appreciate all you have but also yourself.

Shauna Hardy said...

Everyone needs a "me" day! It sounds like I need to take a day to go to the new Nordstroms!

Nicole said...

Funtimes!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I want to go to Nordstroms with you. I can't wait to see what products they have. Did they expand the MAC counter. And you know who also wants to go shopping with you.

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun day, and it sounds like you needed some time away. Here's to no more sickies at your house!

Jen said...

Ok personal shopper, do I need to check this place out? I am the worst at shopping in department stores. I need help.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

I went to Nordstrom on Saturday!! It is fabulous!!! I hope the downtown one will be just as good when it is finished!! Maybe even better if we are lucky!! Glad you got a little girly time and were able to help with your fashion sense on the wedding dress!!