Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's tip!





First, I try to support local business's as much as possible but sometimes they make it difficult.  Today I ran into Winegar's to get some extra Valentine's candy because Daniel ate all of ours.  I found myself laughing hysterically.  In the holiday aisle placed next  to the kid valentine cards  they have edible body paint, massage oil kit, love coupons and my personal favorite....velor handcuffs!  I laugh for multiple reasons...this is the same prudish store that covers up the slightest amount of cleavage on magazines but has no problem selling tacky "romantic" gifts.  PLEASE men don't buy your wife a romantic gift from Winegar's.  Save your money and write her a nice card or don't save your money and buy her these pretty chocolates from Chocolot at Trolley Square.  But please don't quickly pick something up from Winegar's.  That is about as much thought as going to 7-Eleven and buying a Slurpee.

6 comments:

Brandice said...

I'm with you. I told Mike if he ever gets me the same dozen roses that every other male defaults to at the last minute, I am going to kill him. To my dismay, I have never gotten ANY flowers, but he does come up with nice gifts and chocolate is usually involved. I think I'll send him the hint about the place at Trolley. Although I could use some velour handcuffs......

Leslie said...

oh my goodness, that's so funny and I agree with you and Brandice!

Jen said...

Those look amazing. Maybe they can give the chocolates AND a slurpee. Because now I am craving a slurpee

Nicole said...

That really is a hoot!

Heather said...

Are those chocolates good? I'm sure they are or you wouldn't be recommending them. They look too pretty to be real chocolate.

Kim Ward said...

Funny.