Sunday, February 28, 2010

Groundhog Day



Do you ever wake up and feel like life is just like the movie Groundhog Day?  I seriously sometimes start my routine and wonder didn't I just do this?  I love routine but sometimes it is just too much.

Wake up, go to gym, get breakfast, get everyone dressed, drive Jack to school, drive Dan to school, Luke down for nap, do dishes, pick Dan up from school, start lunch, do dishes, put Luke down for nap again, Dan down for nap, wake kids up pick Jack up, homework, cleaning, dinner, dishes, reading. t.v. and then we do it all again the next day.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with my life and I love being a Mom but sometimes the work is tireless and I feel like I get nothing done.  That is why I blog so I can remember all the other fun stuff but sometimes I need to jot down the day to day.

Flashback-  When I was thinking about writing this down the other day I remembered when I actually saw the movie Groundhog Day.  My sister Nicole had been away to school at Ricks Colllege and had come home for the weekend.  Kim and I were excited to see her and we had planned on doing something fun.  Problem she gets asked out on a date.  The reason I love my sisters is this...she told him she could go but her sisters were coming with.  So Matt Hill took Nicole, me, and Kim to see the movie Groundhog Day.  We laughed so hard and I'm not sure if it was because the movie was so funny or that we actually went on a date with our sister.  Sister's stick together!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Routines are good. That's a funny tale about you and your sisters.

Jen said...

I constantly feel trapped in the movie Groundhogs Day. Sometimes that is good. I loved that Nicole took you on her date.

Sarah said...

oh, let me tell you . . . it is groundhog day around here almost every single day. It has it's good and it's bads. My kids thrive off of routine. I am soaking it all in because I know as they get older, life will just get more hectic.

Leslie said...

Routines are good but tiresome! I can totally relate about my life be a groundhog day...your sister is the best and what a great memory that you can always cherish.

Nicole said...

Being a mom is totally groundhog's day. No wonder people didn't ask me out very much.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

I totally agree, except unlike Bill Murray I don't make the necessary changes.

Cheri said...

You make me laugh!! I love Nicole-what great sister you have..

Kim Ward said...

That is one of my favorite memories and I remember laughing so hard in that movie.

Chrystie said...

So so true! I especially feel like it is groundhogs day in the winter when we are all stuck inside all day. I love that movie though, Bill Murray is hilarious.