Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things I Hate!


I usually try to be positive and focus on the things I like, love etc... but today I am cleaning my house {like usual} and I decided to tackle my office.  For the record I hate my office.  Why?  Because it is a disorganized mess!  I don't like cleaning it and the mounds of paper could put me in the psych ward!  As many of you know we have storage units with my family and I am the pathetic bookkeeper.  All the business papers come to my mailbox and I hate them.  I am also a procrastinator and April 15 is fast approaching and I need to deliver my organized business papers, receipts, and quickbooks update to the accountant {she hates me}.   Since I haven't updated since last April I have some work to do.  I hate that I procrastinate but I just can't force myself to work in my office when I would rather watch paint dry.  I have made huge progress but the problem is I am not even close to being finished.

I hate paper.  Scrapbooking, white, envelopes, ads in the paper, coupons, school papers, bills, ALL OF IT!  I wish Wade was in charge of the paper at our house.  I never know what to save what to chuck and finally I end up throwing most of it away.  I have improved by throwing lots of it away on the way in from the mailbox but I still have issues.  How long do you have to keep all this stuff?  Also most of my stuff is all online and so I can't for the life of me figure out why I still have so many papers.

I hate the Mailman.  I know super rude.  But he is the one who delivers me all this crap!

I hate insurance companies.  They are so redundant.  I don't need seven thousand papers all saying the same thing.  Could they please learn to consolidate?

I hate taxes!  Seriously how can the Federal Government take so much and give so little back.  

Wish me luck in my quest to become organized and efficient in the office.  Notice my desk....why is there a snow globe on it?  Cords that I have know idea what they go to?  Cameras and paper?  I've shredded and shredded but there is still more! 

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Girl good luck because you'll going to need it...lol!

Kim Ward said...

Jess I don't care for the paper crap either. Maybe we get it from Dad. We are good at lots of other stuff. Goodluck with the mess. Love YOu.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Totally agree. I especially hate taxes being self-employed. We have procrastinated ours too so we will probably be driving throught the post office at 11:59 together.

Heather said...

Jess...I'm here for you when you need me. Your office does kind of remind me of the office at your dad's house so, you know, maybe it's genetic!

Jen said...

Stay strong you will get it done.

Cheri said...

You make me giggle. I hate papers too but I don't have nearly as much as you....

Sarah said...

K- I have the solution for YOU. It is similar to what I do but Alicia gave me some pointers too. She is a friend of mine and did a post on this and how to solve the problem. go to:
http://weloveiowa.blogspot.com/2010/03/organizing-tips-home-office.html

Let me know if this helps. GOod LUCK!!