Tuesday, March 16, 2010

HEE HAW


I was reading my sister Kim's  blog and I was laughing at her latest episode with Andrew.  He is darling but can be a handful and is always good for a laugh.  My personal favorites are when he drove the car into my parent's brick fence and the latest scalping.  But reading I was just thinking about things that make me laugh and how sad life would be if we didn't laugh.  My kids make me laugh on a daily basis and I am usually to busy to jot them down or at least I think I am.  Not today!

30 Rock is one of my favorite shows.  The first few times I watched it I just didn't get it and then suddenly it clicked for me.  Not that it is an intellectually superior show or anything but I just didn't see the humor and now I laugh so hard I can't wait to watch it.  I hadn't seen the last few and I watched them the other night.  As I watched it Wade and I both had a sudden sad realization...Luke is Kenneth.  He knows his animal sounds but the Donkey is his favorite.  He walks around Hee Hawing all the time.  He sounds just like Kenneth.  I am hoping I won't have to give him pills so he won't act like a donkey.

At night or early in the morning when I am laying by my boys we play a game about what they like.  I ask them a question  Coke or Pepsi?  Chocolate or Vanilla?  School or no school? Batman or Superman?  Baskin Robins or Yogurt Stop?   I even sneak in Mom or Dad?  They just answer as quickly as they can but I love how different they are.  Daniel is always trying to be exactly like Jack but he answers so definatelvy and quickly.  On the other hand Jack says ask me in a minute.  He likes everything and and you just never know what his favorite is at that moment.  Daniel will always  pick Chocolate for everything.   We played this on family vacations to Lake Powell and I never tire of this game.

Lastly,  while Wade and I were in Mexico without children Jack went to school looking like a dork.  I am pretty sure I told Nicole make sure they match their clothes correctly and then I thought of course she will this is Nicole.  She never lets people look like a dork.  On Friday Jack went to school wearing Daniel's pants.  They thought I was trying to have Jack be extra hip and wear super skinny jeans.  NO that was not what I was doing.  Jack pulled out a pair of Dan's pants that are just like his and thought they were his.  Daniel is on the small side of 4 and Jack is on the large size for 6.  So you can imagine.  Both of my sisters informed me I should not dress my little boy in tight jeans.  I didn't dress him in tight jeans she did!  He told me when I got home that a couple of kids at school told him he looked like a girl.  I am glad he is confident and has plenty of friends so that he wasn't permanetly damaged by the experience.  I am sure Mrs. Midgley is wondering what kind of a mother would humilate her child by making them wear super skinny skater jeans.  The irony is I am a bit obsessed with what I wear but I say there are so many things you can't control the ones you can go ahead and do it.  Anytime I need a laugh I just imagine Jack in Dan's pants.

8 comments:

Jen said...

I think I feel a Donkey Spell coming on...

Heather said...

That is so funny about the pants! Michael was just commenting about certain men's pants styles while we were in Yogurt Stop the other day.
And I totally remember playing the favorites game with you. The first question was always coke or pepsi?
I need to call you because I've been thinking about you the last few days.

Turpin Times said...

That is hilarious about the pants. I can just picture it, especially since most of my boys pants are floods these days. I'm not buying them anymore new pants this year because soon they will be wearing shorts and they just ruin their pants anyway with dirt and grass stains. So floods it is. Wow! Just got a load off there. I wonder if Jack was uncomfortable at all.

Anyway, this post made me laugh! You're pretty funny.

Amanda said...

That pants story is so funny! I am glad he's confident enough to dismiss the girl comments.

Kim Ward said...

I must say we were a bit concerned about the pants. We were all relieved knowing they were Dans. Hee haw.

Nicole said...

Hilarious! And I really am sorry but I did have six children for the week and I know that I will NEVER be asked again, and I wasn't even trying not to be asked again.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

O.k. Jessica,
So I am here at work and I am laughing so hard I am crying. I am doing a silent laugh though, the kind where you are about to explode, but you can't because everyone in the office will think? What is she laughing about. My eyes are watering just thinking about that silly Jack. He is seriously a crack up. I am so glad I got to know him on Kids Days last year. I know I shouldn't encourage him but he was hilarious! Thanks for the laughs I needed it!

The Taylor Family said...

I so enjoy laughing too! When shall we get together and laugh??? Let's do it soon!