Dear Catalogs,
Thankyou for coming faithfully each week. I have wasted thousands of hours over the course of my life perusing you. J. Crew, Potterybarn, Williams-Sonoma, Nordstrom I love you, but something has happened this spring and you have gone ugly. Specifically you J. Crew.
Are these overalls? Sorry but you are ugly. So ugly. And you want a mere $168.00...seriously?
Is this a romper? I don't care if they are going for some vintage feminie piece no one over the age of 1 should wear a romper. I wish I could have put the actual catalog picture in and not just the internet version. I love the flowers they are using but other than that I will keep my $98.00 and pass on the romper.
This Potterybarn sheeting is super ugly. Very eighties and very ugly. I know I need another adjective but ugly just works. The entire catalog has seashells throwing up all over it. The Chandelier I have no comment.
Thank you for making it easy to put you down and not waste my money. I have always loved J.Crew but every few years they are seriously disappointing. Hopefully the May catalog will excite the fashion bug in me a bit more than April. Considering Catalogs are the only paper besides books that I can tolerate I hope they reinvent themselves next month.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Funny and true. Too bad I have found a new alternative for your money.
you crack me up . i must admit that those were all ugly. what is it that Nicole has found for you to spend your money on? i want to hear.
miss you.
I agree with you....simply ugly!
You are funny. Was the romper meant to be worn alone? Who would venture out in that, it looks either like they forgot the pants or they are wearinga modest negligee. I'm also curious what nicole is having you spend your money on.
I had the same reaction to the overalls. the romper I must say NO ONE would look good in that.. Pottery Barn made me think of Hawaii and the beach but as for home decor I think one or two shells per household is plenty.
I saw the picture in the catalog of the romper that you were talking about. I cannot imagine a situation where it would be appropriate for any woman to wear that romper. Seriously. I would love to know how many of those they sell and who on the earth is wearing them (and to where???)
Where in the world would someone wear that romper?
See, I don't really get fashion.
This is were I think we should try it out!!! What would someone say if you were actually wearing it?? Seriously I dont think I could keep a straight face while in the same room with you! It would be worth a laugh and I need one!
Post a Comment