Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trying Something New



Last night I tried something new...I participated in the neighborhood caucus.  I remember my parents going and my Grandpa frequently being a delegate.  I had a friend ask me to go and it is actually very interesting and fun.  There are always a few crazies on both ends of the spectrum but most of the people attending share the same ideas and values that I have.  It was also nice to support people I actually know and believe will vote based on what our neighborhood as a whole believes.  I was surprised by the number of people in attendance and I think that is exciting that people actually care.  Next time maybe I will go a step further and go for it...

If you want things to change then you need to participate.  

Congratulations to our neighborhood delegates.  Thanks Adrianne for inviting me to go and participate in my civic duty!

7 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Way to be part of the grassroot politics. You should go for it.

Megan said...

I was amazed by the number of people that were there (as I drove by). I wish we had planned better so we could have gone. I think it's great you went.

Heather said...

Nice work Jess! I see a county convention in your future.

Nicole said...

I think you should run for mayor. Phyliss was a great example to us in every way.

Brandice said...

Nice going! I wish I were so bold. Maybe one day you can take it even further and tackle the people responsible for the census. Give them a piece of your mind! I love what you said about if you want something to change you have to do something about it. So true.

Leslie said...

Good for you!!!!

Heather said...

YES! Jess, you should be the next mayor! It's a perfect fit! I'll help put up signs for you. If Nika can do it, c'mon!