Do you ever wonder "Aren't I supposed to be doing something really great?" I sometimes wish I had one really great talent that is VISUAL. I know I have talents but I'm not great at any one thing. I'm good and o.k. at lots of things but nothing I do is exceptional. I wonder why this is. I know I'm not patient enough or willing to spend enough time to be great at anything but I think other people just came by it naturally. Nothing came naturally for me. I'm very happy with myself but I think "shouldn't I be really great at something". I don't even care what it is.
I still wish this for myself but today while at Stake Conference (which I did not want to go to) I was reassured what I was doing was right. I love being a Mom and having these crazy little kiddos to teach. It is a joy and a challenge to be a Mother and I know this is what I'm supposed to be great at. Maybe along the way something will happen in the talent department but for now teaching them to be good, kind, decent, generous, and loving boys will be enough.
Daniel: "I don't like asparagus"
Jack: "Is this the stuff that makes your pee smell funny?'
Me: "Yes, eat it and you can smell for yourself"
Jack: "Dan let's eat it and then when we are done we can pee in a glass and smell it for an experiment"
Me, Wade, & Jason: "NO"
Me: " You can do the experiment in the toilet"
Classy. I'm sure there are better techniques to getting kids to eat their vegetables but I do not know them.
9 comments:
That is a perfect technique. You are a great Mom which means you can no longer say that you are not great at one thing.
Funny!! I agree with Jen, You are a great Mom!!
Wow! You are way ahead of me, I can't even get my kids to eat their vegetables! I have definetly had those same thoughts over and over in my mind. I guess it's a lot easier to see others talents than to see our own!
Yikes...smelling their pee...YUCK then again they're boys! As eating veggies...sorry I'm one of the lucky ones and my kids love their veggies! As feeling it you have any talent...I can relate...it's hard to feel that you're great in any area but then again that's being human
Hold the phone. In my humble opinion, you are GREAT at many things. First off, like Jen said, you are a GREAT mother. You are a GREAT sister. Seriously Jess, think about how much you do as a sister. And let me not fail to mention, you are a GREAT friend. There has been more times than I can count that I have leaned on you. As far as something more tangible, have you looked in your closet lately? You are a GREAT fashionista. That's a talent just like any other! And what about dinner tonight? You are a GREAT cook. Don't forget about your beautiful garden of a home. You are a GREAT gardener. Shall I go on?
I couldn't have said it any better than Heather! You're amazing Jess!
Ditto to Heather's comment. You are a great well of information on all sorts of topics too! Your boys are fantastic and that is probably the best talent one person could have. Love ya! Oh yeah, and I'm sure you're pretty talented at the yoga position where your feet are off the ground and you're balancing on your hands....I so can't remember the name, but it's IMPRESSIVE!
Jess you are great at so many things. I love you just as you are. You do not doubt your decsions. From someone who does this, great talent. YOu are a great sister, mother, friend, excellent fashion sense, kind, and generous. I love you even more being gone cause even though i have always known you are great, I know it more now and I am so grateful for you. Thanks for always being there for me. You are the BEST and remember Jack thinks you make the best muffins. I love you, love Kim
Jessica,
Great post. I think you said some things that all of us feel most of the time. Thanks for being such a great Daughter Sister, and Mother to my Grandkids. Love, MOM
Post a Comment