Saturday, October 31, 2009

Out of My Comfort Zone



Today I went to a Zumba class. It is fitness via dancing. Now I know you are all laughing because I'm not a dancer but it was fun. The embarrassment only lasted a few minutes and then I was too busy trying to learn the steps. It was a great workout and there were specific tracks designed to focus on toning the abs and the arms. The instructor was really nice and helpful. It doesn't matter what I do I also feel great when I'm done working out. I love it!

Thanks Emily for getting me out of my comfort zone!

8 comments:

Brandice said...

Jessica I would be as out of place at a Zumba class as I would be wearing your cute purple tights. You manage to make everything look easy and fun! Nice job getting out of your comfort zone. I think I will just go and eat some Halloween candy.

Jen said...

I was totally out of my element the one time I did Zumba. I should give it another try. Good for you for trying it out.

Don't forget that deep down you are a great dancer.

Megan said...

I saw a Zumba sign and was wondering what it was. Whew! Now I don't have to go in and find out. My sister takes an African dance class, and she tells me what a great work out it is. It sounds fun. Kind of.

Cheri said...

Good for you!!! I wish I could have gone.:( I hope your up for it again so I can tag along.

Heather said...

Do I see Dancing with the Stars in your future?

Turpin Times said...

Zumba, Zumba, Zumba! That's all I ever hear about these days. There are lots of ladies in my ward who go to Zumba. This would definitely be out of my comfort zone.

Kim Ward said...

I wish I could have been there. If I had you wouldn't have gotten much out of the workout but a good ab workout from laughing at each other. Remember when we went to yoga and someone kept farting and we kept trying not to laugh?

Jerry said...

Jessica, I am excited that someone in the family is becoming a dancer. I haven't been invited to come to the class Is there a reason? Love, MOM