
I like calling it the Hynee vs. the Swine flu. Nicole's Dr. tagged it that and I'm liking it. This is how we spent our Saturday morning. Wade was working at the ranch helping to preg check cows and I think he had the better job. This was the line Saturday morning at the Bountiful Regional Center. I was there early but not early enough. We got in the line at about 9:20. It was 3/4 of the way around the building by the time we left the line was going around the building twice. Leave it to the government to come with that AWESOME plan. I'm sorry but wouldn't it have been much easier for all parties involved for them to just distribute to the local medical facilities. Then we could have made appointments and not wasted half our Saturday morning. I'm not a cheap skate so I would prefer to pay for it myself then get a hand out from the government but if that is what they decided couldn't they have distributed them at the school's? I have come up with about a million better ways to have done it but they didn't ask me. This is the beginning of Obamacare. (sorry for the politics)
The worst part about the morning was Jackson's behavior. All three of my boys were great the entire time we were in line. I couldn't have asked them to be better but by the time we were inside Jack was beside himself. He realized he wouldn't get the mist but a shot and he turned psycho! In his six years of life he has never been more ridiculous. Three health department workers helped me hold him down. I was humiliated. I must say they were all very nice and tried to make me feel better about my naughty little boy. So I'm hoping we avoid the HYNEE good luck to all of you in avoiding the HYNEE!
11 comments:
I drove by and saw the line and just didn't go (I am a bad mom). I am hoping it will be easier to get soon!?!? I thought they were worried about nobody getting their kids vaccinated!
That makes me laugh. We haven't gotten our shots. I need to get on it. Hope you have a good week, love, Kim
You make me laugh! I was a witness to Jess's rage about Jack.. it was sooo funny. My kids are under the weather and I'm hoping it's a SMALL reaction to the vaccine not the actual HYNEE... wish me luck..
Wow...that's nuts!!! I understand your frustration and embarrassment!
Jess..I heard about the line. I have little respect for the Davis County health dept. Natty and I took our boys to the Salt Lake County health dept. and waited in line for about five minutes. The whole experience was painless, and it is because they operate like a normal department should. Open M-F with normal hours, offering shots like normal people. GRRRRR! We're going back to the same place for our boosters in a month.
Sorry about Jack.
Salt Lake Health Department is all I can say. NO tears by Drake or James. (Or Heather and Natalie!). Your story is ridiculous.
I meant what you had to go through was ridiculous.
We were there waiting in line, too! The whole ordeal took about two hours. The entire time I kept thinking similar thoughts as yours...This is what socialized medicine is like. I am glad that we are vaccinated, though. It makes me feel a little more at ease. Don't feel bad about Jackson. We have that reaction EVERY Sunday from Sam...and not for something as terrible as a shot....He acts that way just because he has to go to church!
What a crazy world we live in right now. I'm just waiting for my turn at getting The Hynee. A "due any day" pregnant woman in our office just had The Hynee. Let the spreading begin.
Before you sing SLC Health Department praises call me. I have a different experience than Heather and Nat.
Jessica, You are pretty lucky Jack is always so obedient and good You don't very often get a taste of bad behavior from Jack. Love, MOM
Post a Comment