Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where did September go?


My blogging has been pathetic but I'm going to try to catch up. School starting, sickness, and vacations have kept me from finding time to blog. I look forward to writing and reading blogs but I haven't had time in the last few weeks. It's part of my "me" time that I find necessary. I'm a better mom if I can engage in something I enjoy.

Wade was gone for half of September. Ten days in Scotland on a "once in a life-time" (not my words) golf trip. I'm quite certain it will happen again. He went with his Dad, David and a few other people. They had the best time and I think Wade will be happy for the rest of the year. So I didn't do much blogging while he was gone because I was keeping up with my house of chaos. I have a great appreciation for single mother's. I don't know how you do it and my hat goes off to you.

The boys were sick for a few days while Wade was in Scotland which is no big surprise since they are always sick. We also helped with the Fall Festival. I was partially in charge of the food and for a few days it kept me from doing anything fun.

Then we went to Disney World with most of my family. We missed Kim's family and Michael. Hopefully next year we will have a vacation with all of us together. It was really fun and the boys had a great time. After Disney we were home again and sick again. When I say we, I mean the boys. Dan and Luke both have croup. Any tips for keeping my sickly children healthy???

So over the next couple of days I'm going to try to write a few of the blogs I have in my head and post pictures of our trips.

9 comments:

Jen said...

It's good to hear from you. I wish I had a suggestion for your sick kids. Good Luck!

Leslie said...

Sorry about the sick kids and I agree...my hat to those single moms and dads...it's so hard. It good to see you blogging again!

Kim Ward said...

Yeah a new blog! Jess I don't know what to say about your sick kids. Stay home, and pray for health I guess. Hope you all get feeling better soon. Kim

Natty said...

Those boys and their "once in a lifetime" trips! You and Nicole need to plan one of those together. Maybe a little "once in a lifetime" shopping spree to Paris! I'm glad your back to posting...could you help your older sister out in that department? Lysol wipes are my solution to your problems.

Heather said...

Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. And luck. Those are my theories about sick kids.
That's a really great picture.
I agree with Nat, you and Nicole need a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Someday.

Jerry said...

I am so glad that Wade and David were able to have such a great trip and I know that they had a great time. I am so happy that you want to learn to sew. I will help if I can but I have been told that I am a terrible teacher. I will do my best. Love, MOM

Nicole said...

Stay off airplanes and out of stores. You will be healthy in no time.

Tami Harris said...

Wow, very cool...well, not about you having to be a single mom to sick kids. Cool about the Scotland thing for your hubby. Jeff went on his mission to Scotland, hope he gets to take me there someday, although I'll let him golf without me.

Cheri said...

I was joking with D whether or not you would come home with sick kids.:) Love the photo of the guys.. I'm sure the trip will happen again.