Wednesday, January 21, 2009

3 Fitness Helps

I am a regular exerciser. But after having a baby via c-section I'm not allowed to exercise for 8 weeks. After each baby it is difficult to get back in my regular rhythm. Usually it involves a new form of exercise or something. This time around I've been slow but the last few weeks I have started to find my routine. It is not regular but I'm fitting something in at some point during the day. I have found three things to help motivate me.

  1. Exercise with a friend. I always push myself harder and I get the bonus of a social hour. Cheri Greenburg is my exercise buddy. We have a good time and I really enjoy having someone to go with. We sometimes exercise at home but we prefer going to a class. I'm glad I have her to motivate and encourage me. She also has the flattest stomach and great arms. Not only is she a good exercise partner but a great friend. Thanks Cheri for all the help.
  2. Tracy Anderson workouts. She is a trainer to the stars (Madonna & Gwyneth) and has great videos. I have two of them and they come in handy with little kids. Often I can't go to the gym and I like doing different things so this has been a good option. She uses very little weights but my arms feel like they are going to fall off so I hope it's working.
  3. Book on tape. I have downloaded books onto my I-Pod and listen while on the treadmill or elliptical. I'm surprised how much faster the time goes when doing more boring exercise. I just finished Marley and Me today and it was kind of a cute story if you like dogs. I'm just trying to decide what to download next.



My fitness inspirations!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I am going to check out Tracy Anderson, I haven't ever heard of her. I love exercising - I wish we lived near each other so we could workout together.

Natty said...

Jess you are MY fitness inspiration! I keep telling myself I'm going to be better at working out when it gets warmer. I should check out those dvds...I'm still trying to get the "get things done with a baby" down. Nice work!

Kim Ward said...

Maybe I will try the videos, as I don't like going out in the cold and disgusting air. Good job with the consistency.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much Jess! Ever since the winter has come I been missing running outside.(I'm not risking my life on those slick and black ice street, no thank you!) Everyone tell me go to the gym but I'm a long distance running and I like seeing the scenery changing! It also could be I got spoiled running on the beach and need to get over that! But again thanks for the inspiration and I need to check out Tracy Anderson and use the awesome exercise machine the previous owner left us!

Erin said...

Making a visit! I love seeing you at the gym off and on(I'm the infrequent one). I have heard of Tracy. . .which DVD is your fave? I need a new home workout!

Nicole said...

I am shocked that I am not one of your fitness inspirations!

Cheri said...

Thanks for puting me as one of your fitness helps. I haven't been great lately but next week is my appointment for my arm and hopefully I will get the go ahead.