Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Project 365


I'm sure many of you have heard of Project 365. It is a Becky Higgins "Kit of the Month" scrap booking project. I'm not much of a scrapbooker but I like the idea of putting stuff together without having to do much of the cutting or thinking. Crafting in a kit is my kind of crafting. So I was able to buy one of these kits. They were apparently a hot commodity and it crashed the website on New Year's Day. Who knew people were so crazy about their "crafting". I however am not crazy just lucky. My sister Kim tried to get one and ended up with four because the website was completely malfunctioning. Instead of being angry Kim just ended up with one for each of us (Nicole, me, mom).

The idea is to take a picture everyday and journal about it. The kit is really cute and an easy way to put a book together and captures the everyday. So far I've missed only one day taking a picture. One of my resolutions was to take more pictures so hopefully this will help.

My photo for today is the Diet Mountain Dew can. I know I have problems but I figure if this is the worse thing I do then I might be alright. But I love drinking soda and it makes me happy. I have had a day of chaos and this little beverage makes me happy. I figure I'm doing better because at least it's diet!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Okay I haven't heard of Project 365 but what a cute concept!

Leslie said...

P.S. drinking soda isn't too bad! It's drinking everyday! I LOVE soda and I limit myself to twice or maybe three times a week!

Sarah said...

K- put my kit together the other week (benefits of being friends with Becky) and it is SO SO cute. Don't know it you have got yours yet BUT it is so fun and am thrilled with it. Lucky for you you got one- there are thousands of angry crazy woman out there bogging down Becky's blog with nasty comments.

Kim Ward said...

I too am very excited about project 365. I have missed I think one day. I am liking it and hoping the two other kits arrive. Also I don't get the angry comments from people. Seriously, get a life.

The Taylor Family said...

I love soda too! I look forward to my little treat everyday! It is the little things that keep me sane!

Chrystie said...

I am totally with you on the soda. I have one every day after I put Arden up in her room for her "nap." I really do LOVE it and I rationalize too that one a day is totally moderation, especially diet soda. (My problem is restaurants...I drink like 4 or 5 sometimes because they just keep bringing them to me and if it is in front of me, I WILL drink it.) Vanilla Coke Zero is my current guilty pleasure.

Kirstin Schmidt said...

Thanks for the sip, It tasted good. Diet Mtn. Dew is one of the few that don't taste Diet. I really like the Code Red. Drink, up! We only live once!!

Kirstin Schmidt said...

P.S. You saved my life when you told me you drank caffeine when you were pregnant. With Dallin I was dying on the vine without a little pick-me-up. Thanks for not making me feel guilty! I drank one everyday when I was ready to pass out!

Erin said...

Cute! Kim didn't get one for me? Is Nicole actually using hers? Because if not, I am hijacking it. (And that is not meant to be an angry comment.) :)