When I was growing up we made cookies all the time. Heather and I baked frequently. If we were bored we made cookies. Kim and I would have baking contests to see who's batch was better. I remember one time I lost because I charred mine. I got distracted and forgot what I was doing. If we didn't have anything good to eat at home my mom would tell us to make something. I made them in college and I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons Wade liked me. It has taken A LOT of practice and several bake offs between my brother's but I can bake cookies. In fact all the children in my family can bake cookies including the boys.
Lately, I have noticed that there are not many good cookies out there. I'm not sure if people just don't bake anymore or what. I think baking is a bit of a lost art and with the current cupcake revolution hopefully baking may be on it's way back.
The key to baking is not always the a fantastic recipe (which helps) but actually paying attention while your doing it. Many times I have lost track of how many cups of flour I'm on or eliminating something all together. Also try to use fresh ingredients. If your baking soda is super old it may not do it's job. I also think using extra vanilla helps.
Favorite Cookies! (no particular order)
- My families chocolate chip cookies.
- Nordstrom Cafe Royal
- Nielsen family sugar cookies
- Parson's sugar cookies & Parfait cookie
- My families Gingersnaps (Both brother's take credit for these)
Jack & Dan love to help by eating the dough. This was a nasty pre-made add egg and butter mix. This is not the way to make cookies. I would rather eat an Oreo. Actually making these reminded me of how baking is such a lost art. So next time you are craving a treat go ahead and make one yourself instead of buying some nasty version of a cookie.
What's your favorite cookie???
11 comments:
I agree with that the art of baking is disappearing especially cookies! As for my favorite cookies,it's Chewy Chocolate Chips. YUMMY!
at least share your recipe girl . . . they look YUMMO!! I think it's time to go and bake some cookies.
Your chocolate cookies are the BEST! I'm craving them just looking at that picture. Anytime you want to enlighten me, I would love to learn how to make your fabulous cookies.
First of all, where's my plate? Those cookies look awesome. Are they yours or did you just find that picture somewhere on line? :) Now, what is wrong with OREOs? (not so good w/out a tall glass of milk, I have to admit)
I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, I picked up a great recipe years ago, I'd say let's have a face off, but I'm afraid of losing...:)
Not far behind, nice, CHEWY molasas (sp?) cookies from anywhere. I haven't made those...
I love Paradise Bakery's chocolate, white chocolate chip cookies.
Sugar cookies don't do anything for me, sorry.
Yes cholocalte chip cookies are the best! Especially our families. NO offense to any others out there, they are just good. I think I'll make cookies tommorrow!
My favorite homemade cookies are Mindi's sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies with big fat milk chocolate chips (although I've been using semi-sweet lately and I eat just as many!).
11 cups of flour will always be one of my memories. Good thing our moms let us create!
I love to bake, we did a lot of cookie baking at Ricks. My favs are my family's:
homemade chocolate chip
Flash cookies
Gingersnaps
Reading your post made me hungry! I think your next post should be the recipe! My favorite would have to be chocolate chip too!
MMMMMMMM..... I can smell them down here!! My Mom is a fabulous baker!! She makes cookies, cakes and candies all the time!! It is a fond memory that my friends and I had when we were growing up that my Mom always had fresh baked good for an after school treat!! It is a lost art! I hate store bought cookies. If I buy I cookie it will be from Dick's, Cutlers' or Parson's that's it!! We should have a cookie exchange and get this lost art back in the groove!
Chocolate Chip, then peanut butter and snickerdoodles. You can't overbake though.
Jessica's Cookies are by far the BEST on the planet. I concur with Holly. I want one right now.
Post a Comment