Daniel has some serious spunk. He is sweet, animated, and the funniest person I know. This week he has really made me laugh.
First, Sunday he became a sunbeam. I was a bit worried about this because I know how he hates change but I didn't realize how funny he would be. They had all the kids sit on the front row with their parents and the Nursery teacher was going to introduce the new kids. Our Church is sort of odd and so the primary meet for opening exercises in the Chapel. The kids all went up on the stand to be introduced. Daniel was bawling. He had his lip hanging over so far I wished I would have had a camera (probably not the greatest place to take your camera). She introduced two of the girls first and told about them. They were being very well behaved and looking all girly. While she was talking about the girls Daniel and his friend Drew started talking. They started to try to climb over the stand. Holly and I kept going up and getting after them but they are wild. Then they were talking like they were the only two people in the room. The teacher mentioned Daniel's love for candy and Kung Fu Panda and the boys started to immediately talk about Kung Fu Panda. Then they started talking about what they got for Christmas. It was hilarious. I know it doesn't sound that funny but if you could have seen them. Daniel all through Primary was hot and cold. He is my drama king. I had to hang close to the Primary because he was so volatile.
Then on Monday morning we had this conversation:
Me: Daniel come here and I'll read you a story.
Daniel: Not right now I"m getting dressed. (he never does this willingly)
minutes later
Daniel: (lower lip down) I lost my argyle.
Me: What
Daniel: I lost my argyle.
Me: Is your shirt on backwards (I turn the shirt) . How do you know what argyle is?
Daniel: My dad told me.
We have to talk Daniel into liking different clothing items. Collared shirts are movie shirts, Plaid PJ's are Kung Fu Jammie's ...and now argyle is for cool guys.
I never thought I would have a boy who cared about what he wears as much as I do.
He is so funny and I know these are things that matter only to a mother but I'm so glad I am his mother.
11 comments:
Danner is funny. If I could pick only one word to describe him it would be animated.
This is so funny! You have your hands full!
That was so funny on Sunday. We are in for a lot of trouble and laughs with those two.
PS Maybe Daner can help Drew with his fashion sense (all he wants to wear are superhero shirts).
He is hilarious! I love that he thought he lost his argyle.
Jess,You and Wade are making some serious contributions for good through your children! They are so full of personality. Love the argyle story.
that is a great story. At least you have the picture of the argyle, even if you didn't get the other one. I know you just did, but seriously you ought to write those things down in a place where you can pull them out in several years and let his dates read them.
How fun. Zach became a sunbeam on Sunday too. My only problem...his all out tantrum while I was doing sharing time, music time, and the only member of the presidency there. Oh, and I also had Tyson because Josh had to teach his YM. It was awesome...
So I saw you are coming to Mexico. Where will you be and when?
Danner is so fun. He does not lack personality!
Jess....these are great stories....I love hearing about they latest thing he has done today. Someone should really warn the Sunbeam teacher though. :)
He is seriously so cute, and always looks so put-together. I hope to someday dress as well as Daniel! Arden misses him in nursery, I will call ya to see if we can have him over for a play date this week or next. (I am sure Daxton would love to have Luke over too).
Post a Comment