Friday, June 19, 2009

Aromatherapy


If you know me very well then you would know about my nose. It's extremely sensitive. I love walking into a home and loving the fragrance. I can remember the smells of all my friend's homes from my childhood. I always wonder what does my house smell like? Sometimes after vacation I think I get an idea of what it smells like but I hope it's good. I want my house smell to be a combination of fabric softener, cleaning products, baby lotions, soap, candles etc...

These products from Archipelago are some of my favorite. My mood is enhanced with these awesome smells. I received a diffuser from my mother-in-law Sherie many years ago and have been a fan ever since. I think they make great gifts and look really nice in your home. It is multi-functional. They last for several months and you can buy refills so you don't need to replace the entire kit. The other great part is the diffusers leave a great smell and I don't need to have a fire. I love candles but I don't trust myself to remember to blow them out. I never light one unless I tell Wade or Jack to remind me to blow it out. Jackson asks me every ten minutes if it is time to blow it out? They sell them at Anthropologie, breathe Spa, and many online stores. Hip & Humble also carries a different line that I like also but I can't remember the name. So if you need a little aromatherapy check these out.

My favorite smell was Plantain but I think it's discontinued. I'm looking for it on clearance online. Also Mojito and Sweet Pea are yummy!

6 comments:

Kim Ward said...

I like yummy smelling stuff too. I love scentsy sugar cookie I think is what it is. IT smeel like an angel food cake is baking. Umm

Jerry said...

Actually I love scentsy tortia lime it is a great smell I didn't think I would like it but I do. We are so lucky to be clean and have nice smelling people and homes. Love, MOM

Brandice said...

Julie has a nose like that too and I am always nervous when she comes to my house if it smells like the garbage needs to be taken out, or if she feeds my cat and it smells bad in my garage. So I try to bake something if I know she's coming over. I want my house to smell like bread baking and dryer sheets. But sometimes the scentsy vanilla cinnamon has to do the trick. I want to come to your house (and bring Julie).

Leslie said...

Hey this is great. I also love scented candles but I don't light them because I have the same worries as you do, so I been doing without and been missing them. Thank for sharing and I'm going online now!!!

Julie Keddington said...

I do have a sensitive nose. And, no, Brandice's and Jessica's houses do not stink. Mine, however, frequently does due to diapers. I will have to try these. Thanks for the tip!

Nicole said...

Boreed with this post!!!