Friday, June 12, 2009

Chocolate!

Dan has an unhealthy relationship with chocolate. Actually all treats but specifically chocolate. If you ask him what his favorite thing in the whole world is his response is always "CHOCOLATE". We went to dinner tonight with the Olsen family and we got ice-cream afterwards. He of course picked plain chocolate. He is not enticed by bubblegum, blue, rainbow, or any other crazy thing. He likes the original. Jill's new husband Scott was there and I'm sure he hasn't seen anything quite like Daniel eating an ice-cream. It was everywhere. I naturally forgot my camera so no photo. I think Wade got one on his phone but that is too complicated. So I started looking at pictures of him covered in treats. There are hundreds of them. I thought I'd better write down so he will always remember his obsession with chocolate. He does come from a crazy set of genetics because my family and Wade's both love sweets.


I bought a ginormous box of Guittard Chocolate chips for our food storage (I know ridiculous) and Daniel helps himself to several each day. He just pops into the pantry and runs out with a handful. Lately he's been filling up 32 oz Vintage Dee's cups about 1/4 of the way and hiding them. Yesterday I found four different cups throughout the house (hence the rage).
If he picks out a candy bar he picks a plain Hershey bar (Jack too).


Not chocolate but it was homemade ice-cream. He eats so much.
We went for ice-cream after Jack scored a goal. They both had ice-cream but Jack is so clean.

At Jill's wedding he immediately started to eat all the chocolates that were at the place settings. After the wedding if a guest had left one on the table he hauled them home for later.

I realize he has a problem but if I stop it now I won't have anymore of these funny pictures. And I would be a hypocrite. I love this crazy little boy.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Dan I too have an unhealthy love for treats. You are a fun boy.

Leslie said...

You have a very smart boy because Chocolate is ESSENTIAL!!!

Kim Ward said...

What a cutey. I love him. Give him hugs and kisses. I am unwilling to admit how many chocolates I ate this week. LEts just say a lot. I haven't been able to fint the good chocolate chips out here. Very upsetting.

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Hilarious! I love how happy and proud Daner is covered in chocolate. Drew and Daner are right chocolate/sugar makes everything better.

Cheri said...

He's a Cutie Pie full of yummy, delicious chocolate. Love Dan..

Jerry said...

Dan will always have someone to help him find chocolate in this family. Jason is a great influence on them See's. I hardly ever eat chocolate. Love, MOM

Kim Ward said...

I've checked this blog like one hundred times today. Are you going to make it?

Jocelyn said...

I love Dan's chocolate addiction. The picture of him in the chocolate chips is so cute.