Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wade's I-Pod


I have been meaning to write this post since I started blogging. Wade's i-pod is so BIZARRE. He has the most unusual music. We listen to music during breakfast and while we do our morning routines and sometimes Wade's I-Pod will be in the dock and so I'll listen to his instead of finding mine. Seriously that is a mistake. He has nearly 1000 songs and I like probably 40 percent. Some of it is o.k. but it is so boring. When we were dating he played Gordon Lightfoot ( I know nobody under 65 listens to him). He has songs from every country artist, pop artist, hard rock, alternative, musicals, oldies, swing, etc.... He is well rounded. Often when it is playing I just laugh because I would never purposely listen to some of these songs. I like all music but I reserve my I-Pod for my favorites. Wade loves all of it. Nicole didn't want to learn how to program an I-Pod so Wade copied his for her.. . I know she totally regrets it.

My boys love to listen. They are very good at working electronic devices. They scroll through and recently Jackson has been able to locate Bon Jovi on his own. They listen to "You Give Love a Bad Name" over and over. Their other favorite songs are "Poker Face" by Lady Ga Ga and "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry. Very wholesome music for my nice little boys. I love to watch them dance and sing. So if any of you are interested in Johnny Cash, Juice Newton, Kansas, ACDC, The Killers, The Knack, Lenny Kravitz, Linkin Park, Live, Les Miserable, Motley Crue, Mr. Mister, Neil Diamond, Nelly, O. A. R., Paint Your Wagon, Paolo nutini, Pat Benetar, Pearl Jam, Prince, Rihanna, Rush, Run DMC, Queen, Vanilla Ice, Sammy Kershaw, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson, Sting, Taylor Swift, Tesla, Tom T, Hall, Tracy Chapman, Will Smith, Whitesnake, and my personal favorite-RAT. Seriously that is a small list but quite the variety. No wonder my kids sing Wicked, Bonjovi, and Queen all the time. Sometimes it's just to early for the Carpenters. It makes me love him even more.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Wade's i-pod is hilarious. Many times I would just shake my head but at least he has one mine has been locked for about a year now and to unlock it I will loose all my music. I am actually not that sad about it.

Kim Ward said...

Jess I have a feeling there are alot of songs you do not like on his that I would probably love. I'm a little like that with music, as far as old stuff goes. I-Pods are awesome. Are you getting sick of this game? I hope not!

Julie Keddington said...

Wade and James should get together and play rock band or something....James' playlist is very similar to Wade's...It is all over the place. I'm always amazed at the diversity of his tastes. It is the same for movies for him, too.

Heather said...

Sounds like Craig Strasser's ipod. Variety is the spice of life.

Jerry said...

Jessica you need to tune your radio to am 1060.Dad

Natty said...

I love your dad's comment! Too funny. I am enjoying the one post a day challenge. Keep it up, Larsen girls!

Jerry said...

I could really go for a couple of the songs. I need to get my I-pod ready for the Lake. I could really get all of you into some very good music. Love, MOM

Cheri said...

Wade can keep his ipod to himself. Yuck.. but then again many would hate what I have on mine..

Tami Harris said...

That is so funny! I was just thinking that about Jeff's ipod today. He had left it in my car and I went to the gym today and had forgotten mine, so I borrowed his. Rascal Flatts was playing when I turned it on, then Alice in Chains (unplugged), and then some random vulger crap (don't tell him I told you), and Will Smith...just weird!! :D