Not my nightmare but some other Mom's. Tonight Wade and I went out for our 10th Anniversary. We got a late start and we were going to a late movie in Layton. My parents were watching the boys for us in Kaysville. We ate a quick dinner and the movie didn't start for another hour and half so we went for a drive to check one of Wade's properties. While driving on Antelope Drive (which is very busy) we saw a little girl with no shoes or shirt chasing after two dogs. We pulled over and I asked her where she lived. She was pretty little and still in diapers so I didn't get an answer. We followed her and finally I picked her up because she was about to across a street. I hadn't picked her up before because I didn't want to look like a kidnapper. Two other guys pulled over and Wade went and looked for the parents. We called the police and just waited. Wade finally found the parents and we called the police back and they told us to wait . The parents were panicking and searching the neighborhood. The little girl had traveled at least three blocks and had found her way to the busy street. She was chasing her dogs some friends had left their house and left their gate open and the little girl had slipped out. I felt bad for the parents and didn't want them to be in trouble but when we couldn't find anyone I thought they would be panicked. I don't think the police did anything to them but I don't know. I know how quick kids can wander off. I felt really bad for the Mom. I hope they are a little more careful from now on. It was a good reminder to me to be extra careful. I'm just glad she was alright. It was really cold and a very busy street.
To Kim: we missed the first movie because of the above incident so we were out an hour later so that is why this blog is 1/2 hour late.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is scary. I'm glad the little girl was okay. what movie did you see? I guess the game is still on!
Gosh, this is every parents nightmare!!!
This happened to me with Mya and she's was 2 years old in Hawaii. I stepped out of my front door to speak to the maintenance guys and it took me about two minute and when I enter the house..she was gone and I was in the front of the house!!!! I search the house in every corner thinking maybe she's playing hide and seek...a favorite of ours but she would never reveal herself. Even the maintenance guys help me search the house but she was there. The elementary school was in my backyard and thought maybe she went there and I ran looking in the boys' classrooms and NOPE. The maintenance crew at school went searching for her. I was totally PANICKED!!! I decided to call the police...as I talking to 911(with they have asked me if she have run away before...I said she's 2 and the repeat the question and still I told them,"no, she's 2!")I was told by the maintenance crew that they found her and she was at the temple. I took off running and arrived at the temple and she wasn't there. I spoke to the sisters and the couple missionaries at the visitor center and they haven't seen her. To make a long story short...she was found near the temple ground and was brought back to my house but I wasn't informed that she was my house, just the temple. So I was at the other end of town searching for her and the town was searching for me. Finally one of the maintenance crew of the temple ground found me in his golf cart and took me home to my daughter and when I saw her I broke down..there she was playing in our backyard playground playing and telling me hi. Everyone was crying...the lady who found her, saw her running out in street and crossing to the medium where all the flowers are smelling them and she waited to see me come after but then she realize that Mya had run away. She had seen me around walking around the town and knew there was only 3 red heads kids in town and I were the mom of two and knew where I lived and took her home. I was never so grateful in my entire life..I couldn't thank her enough, or the people of the town who helped me search for her, by a way Blake was out of the country in New Zealand when this happen and all I was thinking of how am I going to tell my husband that I lost our child! Let's not talk about what was going through my mind while she was gone. I literally felt it was the longest day of my life and from start to finish it was only 15 minutes. I can't explain until this day how she came out of the house when I'm standing in the front driveway and not to see her come out and it was just TWO minutes!!! Never again, even when I left a house even to the front door, I took her with me and I brought a special lock that she couldn't come out the door when I was distracted in the house.
Anyway again, you and Wade was place there to help that child and I know that her parents are eternally grateful for both of you.
I to have lost my little white haired Jordy when he was 2yrs old. We were at the Layton City park for fireworks. We took our eyes off him for 2 seconds and he ran to see the ducks. We searched and searched.. I was lucky-I prayed and pleaded with the Lord to help me find him and through the spirit I knew exactly where he had gone.. sure enough he was right where I was told to go. We had gone to the park a few days earlier and fed the ducks and by darn he totally remembered and went back to feed them.
I'm so glad you were there to help out. I hate to think if it would have been a bad guy that stopped and picked her up.. Thanks for doing the right thing. You're great!!!
That is scary. I'm glad it all ended in a happy way. Those little kiddos can get away so fast. I hope you had a great anniversary!
Crazy girl and the funny part for me is I heard part of the adventure on the telephone. Love, MOM
Good work Wade and Jess.
Post a Comment