Since it was the first day of summer for Jackson I made him a special breakfast. We had Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes. These are healthy and delicious. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal so I've gotten pretty good at making different things. This was a first and they were so tasty I think I'll make them again.
I used Lehi Roller Mills Heart Healthy Whole Wheat Mix (I never used a mix until I got married and I have to use Dee's pancake mix but I wanted to try this whole wheat version).
1 cup pancake mix
1 yogurt ( I used Yoplait light banana cream)
I banana smashed up plus more for serving
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 cup water plus a little
These are delicious. Jack was skeptical because he does not like to mix fruit with things (just like his Dad) but he loved them and wants them again tomorrow. I used sugar free maple syrup but my kids used regular. They would be better with my yummy syrup but I didn't have any or any of the ingredients.
Luke loved the pancakes.
13 comments:
Looks yummy. YOur boys look so cute. Tell them to not get any bigger.
Your boys are so handsome!
Those look delicious, I will have to try them out sometime.
Way to be fancy with your breakfast! It looks delicious. Your boys are cute.
Your boys are so cute. I love pancakes these sound somewhat healthy. I think I'll try this.
Yummy...thanks for sharing. Unlike you we still in school until next week!
Jess....these look amazing. Can't wait to try the recipe.
I have been making bananna pancakes a lot lately. I will try your receipe it looks good.
Ummm...instead of just using your recipe, could I just come over and try yours? They look soo pretty. Your boys are pretty cute too! :D
why didnt you give Luke a big pancake?
Okay ready for a new blog. The challenge has been issued, a post a day. CAN SHE DO IT? Cause I can!
I've already had these pancakes so a new post is in order. Can YOU post everyday?
I think everything looks yummy that could be the problem. Love, MOM
Post a Comment